Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Chateaux

The guy making the goofy face is my pastor Darren. Everyone was playing a game called Nerts. It is a really fun game.
I took this picture on the property when we were exploring.
This is the castle from the road.
This was the view from my bedroom window!!!!


This weekend I went to a castle with my church. Twice a year they are able to bring a group of people to stay in the castle for the weekend. The area in which the castle is found is called Cevannes. It is near a city called Anduze. I had so much fun. The man who owns the castle is not able, by law, to make people pay him to stay there. My church has been friends with him for a few years now and he lets them bring group and stay in his huge castle for nothing. We brought our own food and all that but the beds all have sheets and blankets and things like that already. The castle is placed on so much lad so we were able to walk around and explore things. I dont know how many rooms were in it but there are alot. Were were running around looking at all the rooms and climbing in the towers and it was amazing.
I shared a room and bed with my friend Melissa and we shared the room with another girl. It was so cold at night I loved it. We all had dinner in a huge dinning room and we set up tables for everyone. There were around 30 people who came with us so we had alot of people to feed and fit around the tables. After diner everyone would sit in this big room with a fireplace to warm up. We all played cards and read until we were all tired. (which wasn't until really late)
I just loved it. Saturday we went to a museum about the protestant reformation that was huge in that area of France. After that we went out for lunch at this family sized restaurant and ate sooo much food.

More pictures to come soon!!!

No comments: