Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Avignon concert




Well I am a little behind on my blog so I appologize. We had a week vacation from school for a holliday called the All Saints holliday. So all the students went traveling.
On saturday the 28th my friend Lu and I went to Avignon for a classical music concert at the old theater there. It was so much fun. We went to the town early so we could walk around and have dinner and then the concert was at 8pm. So we walked around the town and took pictures and just hung out. I had already been to Avignon with my program but it was still nice to see everything and take my time. Of course we had ice cream, except this ice cream was huge. We sat in a cafe and ordered these huge sunday things. They were great, but I still like the italian ice cream better. The theater was so nice. It was really old and all the seats were red velvet. The concert was a pianist and a violinist who where playing classical songs together. I loved it.
Then we had a problem finding a way to get home after the concert. It ended at 10:30pm and we had a bus schedule that said there where still two busses that we could take to get home. We finally found one of them and the bus driver told us he was the lst bus but her was not going as far as we needed him to, which was to the train station, so we were out of luck. We ended up having to get a hotle room for 50 E because we had no other place to go. Some luck hu? We had fun though. We had an adventure.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun. did you get caught in any of the black outs? I heard either sat or sun i guess it was that a lof of the cities in France were left with out power for a while and there were people in elevators stuck and everything!i can't wait to see some pictures! give me a call when you get a chance so we can talk some more. How was your dinner with precious? i love you take care and be safe!