Monday, October 09, 2006

Cassis!!

This is me drinking wine and eating a cookie while on the hike. Weird hu?
MMMM... Italian ice cream is the best!!! They have it all over in France since Italy is so close.




This last weekend I went on yet another excursion to a town called Cassis. It is a small beach town with beautiful clear blue water. The ocean does not really have waves fun it is so calm and sunny and blue, I loved it. It was a little too cold to go in the water but we just hung around for a while and ate lunch. Then we got some ice cream that was soooo good. The ice cream here is way better than in the US. After we all relaxed on the beach for a while, we went hiking around in the nearby mountains. We had a tour guid who taught us alot about the weather conditions and plants around Cassis. It was really interesting. Cassis is also well known for it's wine, so of course , being in France, the tour guid ,George, bought some wine and cookies for us to have while we were taking a rest on the hike. I tohught it was a little strange to drink wine in the middle of the hike, but it was good. I'm still getting used to drinking wine every once in a while.
Anyways, it was a really good day, I would like to have more time on the beach so I am going to go back to Cassis soon.

No comments: