Friday, October 06, 2006

French cooking!!!!


Thursday nights this French lady named Danielle, the one to the right of me in the above picture, has cooking courses at her house for anyone that wants to learn. ( and pay) It is a good price though considering after you learn how to make the meal, you stay and eat it, and get wine, and get to learn about the french culture, and she sends you the recipe of everything that we made that night to you via e-mail so you don't have to remember everything. So I went with my friend Christina ,who is Melissa's rommate, and there were three other foreign students who were there also. I had so much fun. We made all kinds of stuff. This beef and potatos dish, a special kind of deviled eggs, but not like grandma's, and we even made a chocolate cake from scratch for afterwards. Once we were done preparing all the food, Danielle's husband came home to eat with us. I guess he always does that so he can get a good meal too. We also had a taste of a Provincial wine before we started eating, and another kind during. I loved it. I am going again next thursday because when you pay, you pay for three courses. I'll let you all know what I made exactly when Danielle sends me the recipe. NOW I CAN MAKE EVERYONE FRENCH FOOD!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kelly said...

Wow, look at you turning into an authentic French chef! That looks like so much fun. Be sure to eat all of the fattening chocolaty stuff for me ok? I miss you.
love
kelly

Sarah said...

yumm come visit me when you come back and i'll pay you to be my chef!!!