Sunday, October 22, 2006

St. Victoire at last!!!!!!







Left is Yiupo and the right is Cricket

This is how far up we were!!!

This weekend I didn't have any organised excursions so Melissa, Cricket, Yiupo, and I went on our own. We went to hike the well known mountain in Aix called St. Victoire. I loved it. We were so high above everything and the view was awsome. I think it was one of my favorite days since I have been here. At the top is a monistary were people can sleep and have a fire if they want. There is also a huge cross that was put there some time in the 1800's. AHHHHH it was so much fun. We took about an hour to get to the top and then we ate lunch and hung out for about two hours at the top. You can see everything from the top of this mountain. People climb it all the time. Although today my legs hurt today, I loved it!!!!!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Amazing Shawna!
I can't believe the view you got. Was there anyone to guide you guys up there, or was it just climb up by yourself? I'm very impressed. I'd be so afraid of the height issue, ahhh..Glad to see you having so much fun. God Bless.
-kelly