Monday, September 18, 2006

Chinese food in France



So Saturday night, one of my friends from class came over to my appartment to cook for me and our other friend Melissa. The girl who is cooking in the picture is Lu. She is from China and is here learning french in the same class as us for the month. I don't really know how we became friends. She just came up to me one day and asked if I liked Chinese food. Ummm Yeah are you kidding me. I love all food. So she asked if she could come over and cook some ofr me and Melissa. It was really fun. We met around 5 pm to go shopping for the food she needed then we went to my aparetment. We cooked there because I have the biggest kitchen. Lu brought some of her own seasonings from China and made the best food. She made rice, tomatoes and egg dish, a spicy egg plant and pepper dish and chicken that was awsome. I got to keep the leftovers at my place. We had a good time. Lu does not speak english, only Chinese and French so it is funny to try to communicate all the time. She wanted to keep her seasonings at my house for the next time she comes to cook. I didn't mind that at all. We were going to watch a soccer game that night but the game was actually on Sunday not Saturday. Anyways it was a good night. Then We told Lu that we were going to church on Sunaday and she wanted to come to thet too. So ... she came. Apparently she thought we were just going to visit a church to look at it and not actually attend a service. So she was surprised when we sat arrived for the service. I didn't think she liked it but today she told me that she really did. She had never been in a church before so it was really new for her. So the weekend was fun.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hey!
It was nice to talk to you again yesterday! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun! I wish i could be there! I go in tonight at 9pm for my ultra sound but when i get home i'll e mail you and tell you the results even if they can't tell me the sex just yet!
Tell all your buddies i said hello, is there anything you want me to send you? I have some pictures of lilly im getting ready to get developed but anything else like food wise or just anything, let me know! I went to my step class this morning and i really like my teacher she's great i think she is only a few years older than me but we talk a lot she has a little boy to so i think im going to try and put some kind of play date together or somthing. She always tells me at the end of class that she is so impressed that i'm doing this class even though im pregnant i just tell her im paranoid of being overly fat! anyway I love you! stay safe!
Sarah

Sarah said...

It's a boy! i didn't know if you were going to get my email so i know you check this!! yeah!!!