Saturday, September 09, 2006

Day in Marseilles




Today we took a tour of a big city called Marseilles given by the student program that I am in. Marseille is the bigest port in France and huge. We rode in a bus around a small portion of the port and then we were given a few hours to walk around and eat. One of the stops on the way was at an old church called " Notre-Dame De La Garde." The church is placed on top of a hill and is so pretty. The people in Marseilles are all tan. They take their boats out and eat expensive food at the port all day long. The day was perfect for being in Marseilles at the beach. The girl in the picture with me is my good friend Melissa. She goes to church with me. We just walked around and watched all the boats come in and out of the port. I loved it. When we came back to Aix I talked to my friend who runs a bakery on the way to my house. I told him that I went to Marseille today and he asked me if I liked it. I told him I did and he said that usually people who come from Aix do not like the city of Marseilles or the people, and the people who come from Marseilles do not like Aix or the people from Aix. The French are really proud of their city and region they come from in the country. I did really like Marseille to visit but the truth is that I would much rather live in Aix. Kinda strange huh? I thought it was interesting to talk to him about it. I want to go back to Marseille and swim before the summer is over though. The water is so clear and blue. There is so much to see I can't believe it. The pictures don't even do the place justice. I didn't even see the really nice part. I want to go to some other parts of the coast. I hope you like the photos!!!

No comments: