Monday, September 25, 2006

Gorges de L'Ardeche



Well the place I get my internet from also offers excursions every weekend for students. This last weekend , the 23rd, they were going to a place called Les Gorges de L'Ardeche. The river is called Ardeche and it is so pretty. The sun was out but not too much so I didn't get sun burned. It took 3 hours by bus to get there and we were only actually there for a few hours but it was worth it. So I really wanted to go Kayaking. The river had about four or five rapids. They were not too big, but one of them made some of the boats flip over. Me and my friend Alexander got stuck on a huge rock and had to shift the weight around to get off. Then we lost a paddle. That was the best part. The Kayaking was actually pretty easy but I went online and found another place the offers kayaking on the ocean of on different levels of rapids. I want to try that out. I might have to wait until march or April though because it is starting to get cold and rainy so those places are closing soon. Melissa and I did not get to go for our hike up St. Victoire becasue it was raining so hard on Sunday.

1 comment:

kelly said...

hey shawna,
did you ever expect to go kayaking in France? How awesome that must have been for you. Sounds like the weather is getting cooler, that's good. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy more of these excursions as the year goes by. Glad to hear you're having fun, and doing well. miss you.
~kelly