Saturday, September 16, 2006

Church BBQ

Nevermind the people! I just wanted you to see the food!!! ha ha ha



Last Sunday I forgot to tell you that I went to a BBQ that the church put on. Anyone was aloud to go and it was mostly people my age and some other adults. There is a married couple in the church who organize things for youth and foreign students in Aix. Their names are Julie and Darrin. Ther are not french but they have been living here and running this Christian group for four years. The BBQ was at a ladies house who goes to the church and opens her house for all kinds of things. Her house is just outside of the center of town so we had to get a ride to the BBQ. Anyways her house was awsome. As you can see in the photos, she has a pool and a great view of a famous mountain called St. Victoire. They made so much food I couldn't wait to eat. BBQ chicken, potatos,couscous,hummus, quiche, and so much more. Then they brought out the cheese and bread. THEN they brought out dessert!! Everyone was supposed to bring something so of course most people bring sweets. As did I. So you can Imagine how much more there was to eat. I ate so much food I almost died. I didn't eat after that until two hours later.....okay the next day. There was a small band who played worship songs and a giant trampoline. There were some military people there that are my age. So I talked to them for a while. I hope they start comming to the church. So it was a great day and everyone there is so nice. I love to be around food, people, and such a nice house. It was a good Sunday

1 comment:

kelly said...

Hey, that looks like one heck of a BBQ! Hopefully you saved some food for the rest of the people..ha ha.
That's definitly something I miss, the food. You can't get food like that ANYWHERE here in the US. Glad to see you're doing well, kiddo!
Miss you oodles!